Planning your wedding is a wonderful journey that can bring together your families and create the foundation for unifying them as one with your upcoming nuptials. Unfortunately it be a complex and frustrating time as well. It is easy to lose sight of the meaning of the day in all the hustle and bustle of picking out vendors, coordinating colors and selecting every single detail of your wedding day. The happiest season of your life can easily become one of the most stressful. This page serves as peace of mind and answers for the most common questions brides & grooms have about the services I offer. I believe in creating tranquillity during this wonderful time and providing my clients with experience they can trust on the best day of their lives.
If you have a question for me that is not shown here, feel free to call or e-mail me at:
email@example.com or 239-691-6688
1. Samples: Do you have samples of your work I can see? Do you have a completed product exactly like the ones we will receive that shows us one wedding from start to finish? Is this sample from the actual photographer who will be at my wedding or someone else on your staff?
It would be my pleasure to send you a sample of a complete wedding or show you an album in person. The images I will showcase are ones shot by me, as my second shooters change based on availability. I have hand selected several second shooters who not only have years of experience, but businesses of their own. When you schedule your consultation, I will go over your take home welcome packet with you, as well as show you examples of my high end wedding albums; built to last generations.
2. Image Preservation: What steps do you take to protect my wedding photographs and how long do you archive them? Can I come back in 5 or 10 years and get more photographs or replace my album if something happens to it?
I am obsessed with backing up and having multiple copies of your wedding images. I do it during your wedding as well as after. I go straight to work after your wedding saving your images on two computers and two external hard drives which are kept in separate locations. My external drives are shock, water and fire proof. I will keep high resolution JPG files of your completed wedding (edited images) forever. You can come back to me at any point in time and order re-prints, parent albums, wall art, etc. In the event of an act of God such as a fire or flood-I will replace your wedding album totally free of charge. This is the most important day of your life. I take the job of preserving those memories very seriously.
3. Equipment: Do you use professional-quality cameras capable of capturing great images in all lighting conditions, or do you use consumer-level cameras? Do you have backup equipment if something happens to your camera or lights? Can I have black-and-white photographs or can you add special effects if I want to? Do you bring additional lighting equipment if it is needed?
I sure do! I shoot with a Canon 6D Full Frame and I pack my backup Canon Rebel T3i for a backup/short video recording. Both of these cameras are professional quality DSLR cameras. I shoot in RAW format, so your images will be high resolution. To ensure I have only the best and newest equipment available, I rent top of the line lenses for your wedding as well. I come ready with plenty of backup batteries, memory cards, flashes, lights, etc. to make sure I am prepared for any and all situations.
4. Collaboration: Will I be working with you or someone else on your staff? Do you work with an assistant? What is the process for reviewing, selecting and editing the final images for the album, enlargements and print sets?
One of the many things my clients love about a wedding with Ashley Lodge Photography- my 2 week (or less!) turnaround on your images. I waited months for my wedding photos, so I know how it feels to be left hanging and wondering what the images look like 6 months later. By the time you are coming home from your honeymoon, you will be coming by to relive the day again. At your Viewing session, we will watch the story of your wedding on a high definition slideshow (don't worry-I have tissues for tears!) and enjoy hors d'oeuvres while we go over print packages and designing your wedding album. We will go over album options that came with your package, wall art and print sets in person. We will work together through this fun experience to ensure you have the album of your dreams.
5. Deliverables: In what format do you deliver the proofs? What is included in the price? What additional options or products are available and how much extra for those items?
I will post your complete wedding on a password protected proofing page. Relatives can visit and place their own orders if they chose, or just enjoy complimentary downloads (comp. downloads do NOT include a print release) . You can review your images as often as you like. My wedding packages vary, however, a boutique hardwood USB with custom keepsake box comes with every wedding package. I offer wall art, albums, keepsake items, extra sessions (like rock the dress), and much more. I have pricing catalogs available upon request.
6.Time: What is the maximum amount of time I will wait to see proofs? Once I’ve selected my pictures, how long will it take for final delivery of all printed products?
Your images will be ready within 2 weeks. Guaranteed. This will be your proof edit, meaning the images have been selected, color corrected, checked for proper exposure and cropped. There will be several creative edits as well at your viewing. My extensive photoshop work begins as soon as you chose the images you would like in your album or on your USB drive. Final printed products take 10-15 days to arrive. I can deliver these locally or you can pick them up from my studio to see your 'grand reveal'.
7. Quality: Do you print the photos yourself or do you use a professional lab or a consumer hobbyist photofinisher like one of the big box stores? Are the images guaranteed against fading for my lifetime or beyond?
I use only the best printers available. Although they cost quite a bit more than consumer printers, these companies are not available to amateur or hobbyist photographers. All of my prints are archival quality-meaning they are guaranteed for 100 years. The albums I order are hand assembled and printed on hahnemühle fine art paper. My wedding product line also features fine art acrylic, metal, bamboo and canvas options, all museum quality and built to last. I offer only the best for your special day.
8. Style: What is your artistic style? Do you shoot traditional poses, or have a more photojournalistic approach, or is it mixed? Do you like to shoot in the studio or at different locations, as well as on the wedding day? Can I see examples of an entire wedding day shoot to see how you might tell a wedding day “story”?
My style is very organic and unobtrusive. I like to document the wedding from a 'fly on the wall' perspective, not getting in the way of any guests who are also enjoying the experience of your wedding day. I shoot traditional/creative poses for the formal images (during this time, we ask guests to hold back from photographing, we do need everyone's full attention for group shots so we can get them finished perfectly as well as quickly.) I have options available for add ons (bridal boudoir, rock the dress, etc.) which can be done in studio. Full wedding examples available upon request.
9. Experience: How long have you been photographing weddings? How long have you been in business? Can you provide references? Can I view some of your albums?
I have been shooting weddings since 2011. I got my start in the wedding industry assisting Crystal Connelly, Owner and Photographer at Purple Sage Photography. I have been in business on my own since 2012. I would LOVE to show off some of my beautiful albums, just call me to set up a time to meet at my studio.
And perhaps the most important thing you need to discuss with your photographer …
10. Assurances: How do you ensure my satisfaction? What are your backup plans in the event you’re late or called away by an emergency? What happens if there’s an equipment failure, or some other unforeseen issue? Do you carry liability insurance? Can I get all of the points we’ve covered in a written contractual agreement?
OK, I am not psychic so I can not (sadly) prove I won't die or fall ill with the plague the day of your wedding. Although this has never happened (I have NEVER missed a wedding) I do have a plan in case it did.
My skilled team of second shooters are well equipped and knowledgeable enough to take the day on their own and abide by the contract and policies agreed to. In the highly unlikely and tragic event all of us passed away or became ill, your deposit will be transferred to a local professional.
I have backup equipment in case of any issues, so no worries there! I do carry liability insurance, and I have a very comprehensive questionnaire and contract that covers all points of concern or interest for you to fill out and sign prior to the wedding.
Do not take “no” for an answer to that last question! A written contract signed by all parties protects you and the photographer, and does more to ensure your wedding photo bliss than any other action or decision you can make! If a photographer does not have a contract-take it as a big red flag. I learned from personal experience on my wedding day the risk you take when you skip this important detail. There are plenty of stories all over the internet from brides who never got their photos, photographer never showed up, image quality was horrible, etc. Professionals do contracts. Be sure to do your research, ask as many questions as you like and find the perfect fit for your special day!
Love & Congratulations,
To book your consultation, call 239-691-6688 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org